California Family Lawyer Provides Solutions for Divorce and Parenting Matters
California Family Lawyer Provides Solutions for Divorce, Restraining Orders and Parenting Matters
Attentive law firm represents divorcing spouses and parents in the Fremont area
The Law Office of Chitra Ramanathan will listen to your needs, understand your concerns and seek solutions to your legal problems. I am well-versed in matters of California family law, representing individuals and families in the Fremont area and throughout California. My firm provides trusted guidance as you navigate divorce, child custody and support, property division, and other family law matters as well as assisting with marital agreements.
Reliable California attorney advocates for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, Law Office of Chitra Ramanathan provides caring legal counsel and advocacy. I can help you with matters including:
- Child support — I will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your child in a happy and healthy environment.
- Child custody and visitation — I advocate for parenting time to be divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety and preserves your parental bond. I assert clients' rights to make decisions about how their children are raised.
I will be with you at each step to protect your children’s welfare and your rights as a parent.
Dedicated counselor handles divorce, support, and property division matters
I help clients to end their marriage with as little stress as possible, but when the situation demands litigation, I won’t hesitate to advocate for your rights in court. Whether your breakup is contested or amicable, I provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — I will guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support — So that divorce doesn’t unnecessarily disadvantage one party, I help you seek the best possible settlement or judgment for spousal support payments, whether you must pay alimony or will receive it.
- Property division — I will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and debt, ensuring the court has a full financial accounting.
Mediation may be useful in helping you and your partner to achieve amicable agreements about issues involving your children, property and finances. However, if mediation proves unproductive, I am a skilled litigator who will advocate for your best interests in court.
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
Emotions can run high during a divorce and sometimes result in a situation escalating. Domestic violence is a serious matter. Allegations need to be taken seriously by both the accuser and the person accused. If, during the process of divorce, your spouse has abused you or threatened to hurt you in any way, you have the right to be safe. I will make sure that you, and your children, are protected. I also represent people who are not married, such as domestic partners and others in domestic relationships. If you have been falsely accused of domestic violence and a restraining order has been taken out against you, there are steps you can take to protect yourself from these damaging claims.
Contact a trustworthy California family law attorney
At Law Office of Chitra Ramanathan, I am experienced in all family law matters. Call me at 510-460-1494 or contact me online to schedule a Free Consultation with a caring family law attorney. My office is located in Fremont.